OR Cyclocross Clinic Series
When & Where:
- Monday, August 19, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Portland International Raceway (PIR).
- Monday, August 26, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Portland International Raceway (PIR).
- Sunday, September 8, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Vancouver Lake Park. REGISTER
Price: $35 per clinic or $95 for the series, plus OBRA registration fees.
- OBRA annual or daily license required. (Add $5 for OBRA per day license for non-members, OR you can buy a $20 annual OBRA license. No additional charge for current OBRA members. Current OBRA members bring proof of license if you’re registering day-of.)
- Online registration: SEPTEMBER 8 -
- On-site registration: On-site registration is available for the Sept 8 clinic.
Join coaches Rhonda Morin (CX national master’s bronze medalist), Martin Baker (Oregon MTB XC Champ), and Elaine Bothe (Oregon MTB XC Champ) for three clinics of cyclocross skills and preparation for the season. You’ll learn or refresh your cross technique skills through demonstration and practice in an encouraging and coached environment.
We’ll break into groups based on experience and skill comfort. Specific cyclocross skills will be introduced and built upon during each session. Training, clothing and tire choices and nutrition tips will be discussed.
Come out and play!
Cyclocross skills covered:
- Barriers, mounts and dismounts
- Shouldering the bike
- Cornering in mud
- Racing in sand
- Off-camber riding
- Group starts
- Nutrition and training tips
We keep our rider/coach ratios small to ensure individual attention so that skills can be taught and practiced to meet both individual and group needs.
Gear: Cyclocross and/or mountain bikes (without bar ends). Come dressed to ride in all weather. Bring food and water for 2 and 3 hours of riding.
Helmets are mandatory – they must be in good condition and fit appropriately.
Weather conditions: Clinic will be held rain or shine. This is cyclocross afterall!
Directions to Portland International Raceway: West end of PIR Map