PDX Cyclocross Clinic Series 2014
What: Cyclocross skills clinics with coaches Rhonda Morin, Martin Baker and Elaine Bothe
When & Where:
- Monday, August 18, 2014, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Portland International Raceway (PIR), Portland, OR
- Monday, August 25, 2014, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Portland International Raceway (PIR), Portland, OR
- Sunday, September 7, 2014, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Vancouver Lake Park, Vancouver, WA
Price: $35 per clinic or $95 for the series, plus OBRA registration fees. Wenzel Coaching clients pay a reduced fee of $25 per clinic or $75 for the series. Contact organizer for client code.
- OBRA annual or daily license required. (Add $5 for OBRA per day license for non-members, OR you can buy a $20 annual OBRA license. No additional charge for current OBRA members. Current OBRA members bring proof of license if you’re registering day-of.)
- Online registration: Series RegistrationAug 18 Registration Aug 25 Registration Sept 7 Registration
- On-site registration: On-site registration may be available depending on pre-registration numbers. Check back the day before each clinic.
Contact Rhonda Morin with questions and additional information: [email protected] or 971.207.6356
Cyclocross Clinic Details
Join coaches Rhonda Morin (CX national master’s bronze medalist), Martin Baker (Oregon MTB XC Champ), and Elaine Bothe (Oregon MTB XC Champ) for three clinics of cyclocross skills and preparation for the season. You’ll learn or refresh your cross technique skills through demonstration and practice in an encouraging and coached environment.
We’ll break into groups based on experience and skill comfort. Specific cyclocross skills will be introduced and built upon during each session. Training, clothing and tire choices and nutrition tips will be discussed. Come out and play!
Cyclocross skills covered:
- Barriers, mounts and dismounts
- Shouldering the bike
- Cornering in mud
- Off-camber riding
- Ascending and descending
- Group starts
- Nutrition tips
We keep our rider/coach ratios small to ensure individual attention so that skills can be taught and practiced to meet both individual and group needs.
Gear: Cyclocross and/or mountain bikes (without bar ends). Come dressed to ride in all weather. Bring food and water for 2 and 3 hours of riding.
Helmets are mandatory – they must be in good condition and fit appropriately.
Weather conditions: Clinic will be held rain or shine. This is cyclocross afterall!
Directions to Portland International Raceway: West end of PIR Map
Directions to Vancouver Lake Park: See park site>>>>