Coaching Opportunities with Wenzel Coaching
Are you a cycling, multi-sport, running, skiing, skating, or adventure-racing coach looking to increase your work with athletes of all levels? Wenzel Coaching is currently seeking qualified coaches around the US and Canada. Leadership, communication skills, racing experience, coaching experience and commitment, enthusiasm, integrity, and the gift of teaching are desired. We wish to hire coaches for the current season and beyond. Additional coach education and support will be provided. We are also occasionally looking for interns for marketing and computer work.
If you have ambitions of coaching with a company that is growing responsibly and you would like to learn from coaches who have been coaching top level athletes for many years, you may be right for joining the Wenzel Coaching group.
We realize that some coaches reside more on the experience end of the spectrum while others are on the education end. We are looking for a balance with strengths in particular event focuses. Coaches interested in coaching non-racers (beginning century riders, for instance) need not have a racing background.
Here’s part of what Wenzel Coaching provides:
- Coach development mentoring by coaches with a long list of client accomplishments and competitive successes.
- Administrative support, including billing and bookkeeping.
- Business development mentoring by successful coach-business people.
- Some of the highest paid coach percentage by an organized training company.
- Marketing support.
- Credit Card/Check processing.
- The confidence that comes with delivering proven training plans for road, criterium, MTB, cyclocross, track, century, triathlon,endurance running events, and other specialty events.
- The prestige and implied authority that comes with working for a well-known and respected national coaching organization.
- A circle of coaching peers with which to compare, share, and question data and experiences.
- Liability and accident insurance for day-to-day coaching and program direction, and affordable accident and liability insurance for clinics and camps.
- Backup so your clients will have someone to call while you travel.
- Opportunities to coach at clinics as well as potential domestic and international camps.
- Guidance and curriculum to establish clinics and/or camps in your own area.
- Opportunities to write and contribute to articles in national level publications, websites, and books.
- Income potential limited only by your available time, motivation and follow-through.
The below qualifications are necessary to begin the interview process:
- Letter of Introduction
- Work/Education Resume
- Athletic Resume
- Satisfaction of the below 12 Qualifications
- Answers to provided sample coaching questions in your sport focus
The 10 Qualifications of Successful Wenzel Coaches
- Racing or participation experience in the events you wish to coach: (minimum 5 years combined competitive experience)
- Ability to “think like a coach”
- Self-Motivation and Responsiveness
- Leadership Skills and Responsibility
- Commitment to Coaching
- Communication skills
- Openness to adapt to as well as challenge and collaborate on our programs, training and coaching philosophies
- Coaching experience
- Formal Education
- Coaching license or other certification
Qualifications 1-7 are mandatory. Those applicants with strong answers to the hypothetical questions and satisfying at least 8 of the 10 above will be invited to start the interview process as an official Wenzel Coaching candidate. Position availability will also depend on coach location, region and specialties. We reserve the right to take on or turn away any coach based on qualifications, interview process, references and reputation.
Coaches will work directly with a Head Coach and will be responsible for working daily with athletes under their training direction. Wenzel Coaching has very little coach turnover and most coaches stay with the company for many years.
I love how the Wenzel coaching program leaves space for the “coaching.” ~ Coach MC Jenni
Wenzel Coaching provides affordable personal coaching to all levels of athletes. Road, mountain, track, cyclocross, century speed, multi-sport and general fitness specialties. Solid, proven training and customer service guaranteed.