With Wenzel Coaching
Client levels accepted:Individual, Custom, Elite Custom, Consultation, Private Skills Lessons, Group Skills Lessons, Learn-to-Ride Lessons
- Consultation $80/hr
Coach / San Diego, California
"When I came to Wenzel I had been through an past Olympian and current racing/sprint coach as well as a great distance coach, then I found Wenzel Coaching and Landi. She has taken my cycling to another level. My level of understanding cycling and training has improved immensely due to her. She responds quickly to emails -- hard to find these days -- she is also very knowledgeable when it comes to cycling. Making the move to Wenzel has been a no brainer."
Coach Landi is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and ready to meet you for in person coaching with appropriate precautions.
Landi Saifer’s ultimate goal as coach is to help as many people as possible make the transition from occasional rider to confident cyclist. Her experience includes riding for fitness, health and endurance for more than 25 years and coaching with such organizations as Team in Training and the Trek Century program. She completed her first century in 1998 and has gone on to complete numerous centuries, sprint triathlons, and 5k runs, including America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride (Lake Tahoe Century), El Tour de Tucson, Santa Fe Century, Old Pros Ride, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K Run, Mission Bay Triathlon, and Fiesta del Sol Triathlon among others – always with an emphasis on fun, personal achievement and support of others.
Challenges she can help you overcome include:
- Skills training for beginners and century riders (pacelines, descending, eating/drinking on the bike, etc.)
- Creating ways to get your training in around school, work and other scheduling issues
- Nutrition and hydration, both on and off the bike
- Proper bike fit
- Building fitness to achieve your goals
- As your coach Landi is committed to helping you to achieve your goals, assisting you in your training and keeping it fun. Landi’s coaching style draws on her education and work as an Organizational Psychologist. As a coach she helps people to achieve their goals by identifying their strengths, weaknesses, and their inner motivation to succeed. She then guides them to leverage their strengths and correct their weaknesses in order to achieve levels of performance that they previously considered impossible.Landi and her husband live in San Diego, California with their young son.
Events: Endurance Road Riding, General Cycling Fitness, Gran Fondos – Centuries, Learn to Ride
Services: Clinics/Camps, Consultation, Learn to Ride, Skills Training, Training Programs
Specialties: Beginning Riding, General Fitness, Road Skills, Working Athletes
“Thank you for helping Benny learn to ride his bike. You helped him overcome his fears and gain an amazing amount of confidence not only with bike riding, but with many other areas in his life. He has grown tremendously over the past few months and we have watched him take more chances and calculated risks with other activities like reading, skateboarding, and Taekwondo as well as in his friendships and ability to establish boundaries.” ~Michelle H.
"You were great for Logan (age 12). Thank You. He went to the bike shop and told them everything you said. And it was rewarding to hear him discuss everything with such confidence. We’re also looking forward to his camp. Again thanks a million!! ~Sheryl T.
"When I came to Wenzel I had been through an past Olympian and current racing/sprint coach as well as a great distance coach, then I found Wenzel Coaching and Landi. She has taken my cycling to another level. My level of understanding cycling and training has improved immensely due to her. She responds quickly to emails -- hard to find these days -- she is also very knowledgeable when it comes to cycling. Making the move to Wenzel has been a no brainer." ~R.Balmer
- Yes, You Can Learn to Ride a Bicycle Now! – Learning to Ride Safely in the Era of COVID-19
Anecdotal reports say that bike sales are “through the roof” since the various states have told their citizens to stay indoors except for grocery shopping and exercise. Wenzel Coaching has received increasing numbers of Learn-to-Ride lesson inquiries from people who …
- Wednesday Workout: Barreless Barre
Gym Class for People Who Don’t Like Gym Class This article is a part of Wenzel Coaching’s Wednesday Workout tips: I am not a gym person and am definitely not a group class person because I feel out of step …
- Finding Motivation in a Down Economy
We’ve all been impacted by it, in one way or another; whether personally, professionally or financially every one of us has been hit in some way by the global downturn in the economy. We’re dealing with less money in our …