Lessons for Beginner & Returning Cyclists
Yes! You can learn to ride a bicycle now! Our coaches thoroughly enjoy working with adults who are getting on the bike for the first time ever or the first time in a long time. A one-on-one bike lesson provides a safe and comfortable place to start or re-start.
How Learn-to-Ride Lessons Work
- See if we’ve got a coach in your area
- Contact us to get connected with your nearest instructor
- Chat with the instructor about your riding goals and arrange a time and date for your lesson
- Sign up online here
- Meet your instructor for your lesson at the designated time and place, and learn how to ride!
Wenzel Coaching offers a 90 minute Learn-to-Ride Package for $90.* You’ll be empowered by the progress you can make in a single session. Check our list of coaches who offer Learn-to-Ride services in various cities around the US.
Beginner Cycling Lesson Components:
- Getting on and off the bike
- Starting and stopping safely
- Balance on the bike
- On-bike confidence and tackling fears
- Riding straight
- Using brakes and gears
- Going uphill and down
- Conquering fear of going downhill
- Hand signals
- Cycling in traffic
- Choosing a bike that matches the kind of riding you’d like to do
- Choosing accessories – What else do I need to go with my bike?
It may take more than one lesson to get you fully riding. Our 90 min Learn-to-Ride Package can be extended to a second lesson for $90. Your instructor is there for you all the way.
What You Need for Lessons
Any kind of bike is welcome as long as it is safe and in good condition. You’ll need comfortable clothing, a helmet, and sturdy shoes. Don’t have a bike? Depending on your area, we may be able to connect you with a bike rental. Not sure about what you need but ready to buy a bike? Your coach can help you select a bicycle and accessories to fit your budget.
Discounts are available for multiple sessions. Complete customized solutions are available. Inquire for more information.
“I no longer have a fear of cars, or stopping at a stop light, or riding on the road. I want Wenzel Coaching to know how thankful I am that they have a resource people can go to, that will match them up with fantastic people who are making a difference in people’s lives, helping them to become better athletes, and helping them get closer to their goals and dreams.” ~Katrina D.
Learn-to-Ride Lesson Locations
- San Diego (Liberty Station Park)
- San Jose
- Walnut Creek
- Miami Springs (Miami Area)
- Land O’ Lakes (Tampa Area)
- Luverne (near Sioux Falls, SD)
- Moorestown (near Philadelphia, PA)
- Hood River/Parkdale
- Sugarland (near Houston)
- Port Angeles
*As part of Wenzel Coaching’s mission to get more people on bikes, discounted Learn-to-Ride lessons are intended for true beginners, those struggling to learn to ride, or those returning to the bike for the first time in a long time. All other lessons are priced at hourly rates.
It may take more than one lesson to get you fully riding. Our 90 min Learn-to-Ride Package can be followed up with another 90 minute session at the same discounted $90. Please note that lessons that require more than 20 total minutes bike riding travel time may require paid travel time, depending on the coach and area. Any travel cost would be stated upfront before the lesson.