“Learn to Ride” Lessons & Skills Improvement for Beginners & Returning Cyclists
Our coaches thoroughly enjoy working with adults who are getting on the bike for the first time ever or the first time in a long time! One-on-one bike lessons provide a safe and comfortable place to start or re-start. You’ll be amazed by the progress you can make in a single session. Check our list of coaches who offer “Learn to Ride” services in various cities around the US.Inquire About Learning to Ride a Bike!
Beginner Cycling Lesson Components:
- Getting on and off the bike
- Starting and stopping safely
- Balance on the bike
- On-bike confidence and tackling fears
- Riding straight
- Using brakes and gears
- Going uphill and down
- Conquering fear of going downhill
- Hand signals
- Cycling in traffic
- Choosing a bike that matches the kind of riding you’d like to do
- Choosing accessories – What else do I need to go with my bike?“ Your voice was with me when I was climbing the hills and going into the correct gear, it was with me on the twists and turns of the road. I no longer have a fear of cars, or stopping at a stop light, or riding on the road. It was with me to not be afraid or discouraged but to keep going when the road was long and the finish felt unattainable. I want Wenzel Coaching to know how thankful I am that they have a resource people can go to, that will match them up with fantastic people who are making a difference in people’s lives, helping them to become better athletes, and helping them get closer to their goals and dreams.” ~Katrina D.
Hire a Wenzel Coach by the hour for lessons. Hourly pricing is available on our Pricing Page under the Consultation column. In general, lessons are $80 – $120 per hour (depending on the individual coach) with some discounts available for seniors and true beginners.
What You Need for Lessons
Any kind of bike is welcome as long as it is safe and in good condition. You’ll need comfortable clothing, a helmet, and sturdy shoes. Don’t have a bike? Depending on your area, we may be able to connect you with a bike rental or loaner. Not sure about what you need but ready to buy a bike? Your coach can help you select a bicycle and accessories to fit your budget.
Discounts are available for multiple sessions. Complete customized solutions are available. Inquire for more information.
Please note that lessons that require more than 30 total minutes travel time may require paid travel time at 1/2 the hourly rate.
Looking for lessons for more experienced riders? Check out our other offerings:Road Cycling Lessons Mountain Bike Lessons Cyclocross Lessons