Proven Coaching Success in Road Racing
Whether you are a new road racer, a master weekend warrior, a developing elite, or a pro cyclist, Wenzel Coaching has a road racing coach with the experience and knowledge to help you reach your potential. We’ve helped over 1000 road racers over the years reach their goals in road races, criteriums, and time trials, including national champions and world championship medalists in professional, master, collegiate and junior categories.
Your coach and program will help you develop and refine your strengths and improve areas of weakness by analyzing your racing performances and assigning workouts to specifically work on those aspects of racing. Your program is based on the time you have available to train and will include exercises focusing on speed, power, endurance and strength.
All programs include flexibility in training time so that you can best fit the program to your personal schedule demands.
Your Road Coach Can Help You Improve:
- Cadence changes and optimization for speed
- Skills such as cornering and descending
- Tactics for individuals and teams
- Nutritional fueling, both on and off the bike
- Peaking and maximizing recovery
- Making the most of your off-season
- Juggling training and competing with work, family and other time demands and interests
- Combination seasons including gravel, mtb, track, cyclocross or other
While most of our road coaches coach all aspects of road racing, many also specialize in time trialing, criteriums, stage races, or hill-climbs. If you have a road event specialty, be sure to search our coach profiles for a match.
All monthly Wenzel Coaching programs include consultation time each month (total amount dependent on program level) to accompany the written program where you can provide feedback and discuss tactics, schedule changes, nutrition, specific workout instruction and anything else that will best direct you in your training.